Monday, September 04, 2017

A few of my favourite things from the new Holiday Catty - Good Tidings - Take 1





For the next few things, I'm going to get ahead of the season and post some Christmas projects in honour of the NEW Holiday catalog just released!

Today's project (and those I'll share over the next few days) use some of my favourite new items from the Holiday Catalog including:
- Good Tidings stamp set...my FAVOURITE new stamp set in the catty!  I luv the way you can add dimension and a real artistic feel to a project using the holly and berry images and 3 step stamping!
- Merry Music Specialty Paper - my FAVOURITE new dsp in the catty!  And, yes, though the black and white words on the dsp above do not contain music, they do come from that pack, which is mostly music but has a few other patterns thrown in for versatility also.  Versatile, that's exactly what this dsp is because it's black and white and it has various sizes of sheet music and fonts and sizes of words!  I love it and because it's a lighter-weight paper, you get 24 sheets in the pack, so double for the same price as a standard dsp pack, so a good value too!!

Other goodies used on this project:
- Lots of Labels framelits - these are a 'go to' for me & are probably one of the more versatile of the framelit sets.  I use them all the time & you'll see that evidenced more than once in this month's blog posts!
- The black lace trim I've used above is a retired one.  I think it's sold out from the clearance rack now, but no worries, there's a new one in the Holiday catty and it's even more adorable.  I know it's on my wish list for my next order (just had to use up what I had first;)
- Cherry Cobbler cardstock...my favourite of the SU reds!
- Stitched framelits - another 'go to'...I'm still luving these which were introduced this past spring...here I've used the largest oval.

No comments: